Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dora the Explorer

This Saturday was the Kids Fair at the Expo building. Belle and I went with a couple of our friends. Lets just say I didn't think there was much of a "fair" going on here. It was a lot of vendors trying to get you to buy their stuff. They had games for the kids to play and then the prize was a piece of candy or a ruler or bookmark. There were TONS of people there. Too many people for me. I thought I was going to lose it a couple times. You had to wait in lines that took forever and then the reward wasn't that great. The main reason we went was to meet Dora the Explorer. After waiting for about 30 or 40 minutes it was our turn!

dora-and-belle1

I think it looks like Dora is about to lose her shorts!!As we were walking around we met Tinkerbell...

belle-and-tinkerbell

We also walked by a booth that had bubbles that were strangely easy to catch and keep.

belle-and-bubble

Then we went to the face painting booth. There were only two people here doing the face painting. But, we waited for our turn because they did amazing work! Belle chose a pink and purple swirly for hers.

belle-face-1

belle-face-2

Blakeleigh also got her face painted!

blake-1

She is just so serious!

blake-3

The last thing we did was decorate a frisbee. First, you pick out the color of frisbee you want and then they put it on this thing that spins it around. You get the colors of paint you want to use and squeeze it onto the spinning frisbee. It was so fun and I want to make dishes the same way, somehow. Belle's turned out really good!

frisbee

The Fair was an okay time, just too crowded. I don't think we'll be going back next year...

3 comments:

  1. Fun! Those are some cute pictures of Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we would have taken McKinlee! It sounds like Dora was the biggest attraction. It looks like Belle had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! A chance to meet Dora and Tinkerbell at the same stop, Oakley would have crapped her pants!!!! I wish I would have known about the fair!

    ReplyDelete