Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Belley Bea!




Today is Miss Belle's 7th birthday. Good jerky, that's getting OLD!



We celebrated her birthday on Sunday. Belle is all about Katy Perry right now and had requested a "Katy Perry bikini". I did some google-ing and this was not a good thing for a 7 year old to be wearing. Belle likes the Candyland thing Katy Perry has going so I decided I would do a candyland cake and then make her a little outfit that was candy-ish. I started my crafting on Sunday a week ago, and with an un-expected event, I had Belle most the week and it's hard to work on her birthday present with her there. Luckily, I finished the pieces of candy that just needed sewn onto a shirt. Then on Sunday (2 days ago) we went and got some tulle for her skirt. We got home and after making the cake, I was finally going to put the pieces of candy on her outfit. But! We had an issue with a dog thinking she's a wolf and trying to attack another dog through the wood fence, thus causing her to lose a big tooth. Boston's should not be over excited or worked up... they can have heartattacks and die. Not a good situation for my getting older Roosty. So, I had to contain her in the kitchen and make sure she relaxed and cooled down. This meant only the peppermint swirl was sewn on to the top of the outfit. This was all okay with Belle.


We ate dinner and then realized what time it was and showed up late to her party.



I did not do a big bbq dinner or anything this year. But I did have a cooler with some ice-cold brews in it. It was nice to sit back and chat and have a cold root beer.


Belle enjoyed her present opening and inspected each one.




After presents we had cake and ice cream.






Then, as my tradition goes, the balloon release. Such a sassy little girl, she is. (note the one peppermint swirl on her shirt)




And away they go!




Belle was nice enough to let Uncle Russ hold out a balloon to shoot at with the bb gun after she let it go. Then Granny got involved and Russ didn't think she could hit the grain bin with the bb gun, so she took it and proved him wrong. Then she was challenged to shoot the mailbox. I love this picture!!






It was a great day for Belle and she had a wonderful party.



7. Years. Old. old. old. old. old.

2 comments:

  1. Cute cake!! I can't believe it's been seven years - time goes by way too fast! A priceless picture of Granny, too! Happy Birthday, Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad I missed it. It looks like she had a good time. As always the cake turned out so cute. Miss my Belle!

    ReplyDelete