Thursday, May 28, 2009

Aaarggh Matey!

For the past couple months, my friend Jesika and I have been planning a surprise party for her husband's birthday. He is turning 29 and she has always wanted to do a surprise party for him, so we decided this year was the time to do it. Jesika chose a pirate theme and we went running with it! We made invitations with pirate talk and asked everyone to wear pirate outfits. It was so much fun to plan!

This weekend was the big bash. Jesika and her two girls came over Saturday. The girls played and we sliced cheese, decorated cupcakes and made the cake. We made a little ship cake and then cupcakes. I wasn't sure how many people would show up and how many people the pirate ship would feed, so I made a smaller ship and cupcakes. I think it turned out so cute! I wish I had a boy to make ships for...

pirate_cake

piratecupcakes

The cupcakes had blue frosting and gold coins with a Jolly Roger flag. Very cute, too!

Here is me and Jesika in our pirate costumes.

emmy_n_jes_1

Tom (bday boy) was very surprised and had no idea we had anything planned. There was dancing and good times all evening. Russ made an appearance and tried on the pirate hat:

pirate-russ

Keith and Carmen made it out too!

keith-and-carmen-pirate

It was a good time and a party perfectly executed!

emmy_n_jess_2

3 comments:

  1. How fun, Emmy! The pics are great and that cake: Adorable! Arrrggh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is so cute! Sounds like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake is the best by far! I love all our costumes!

    ReplyDelete