Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Monsters are Coming!!!!!!!

A few weeks ago, I needed a great baby shower gift idea for Tren's cousin's baby shower. I like to give gifts that aren't something straight off the list. So, in chatting with Annie she sent me a link to this blog she had been checking out and found the most amazingly funny-looking, fun, cute, PERFECT! gift.

Meet Frank:


Meet Ruth:


These little guys are made from socks! Oh do you love them!? I do! If you check out the blog Annie found these on, the girl named all of her monsters and gave them funny little details like "Ida has taken over my television, watching roller derby until all hours of the night and is constantly listening to Barry Manilow." Annie and I were dieing thinking up names for all these monsters we were dreaming up. As I was making these two for Laura, "Frank" and "Ruth" just fit. I was laughing as I made them. It was so fun and easy and you have this hilarious little creature in the end. I wasn't creative enough to come up with some "monster-ous" thing about them, so I just made a little tag with their name and then put "this monster was made just for you by Emmy" on the back.

Belle requested I make her one, too. She had to switch it up a bit and we added some hair out of tulle and a horn (from Frank's spare parts) on the top of it's head. She calls it Eddie (E.D.).
I think this will be a new baby gift from me!

3 comments: