Monday, July 26, 2010

Ahhhh Belle

Tonight I sent Belle to the bathroom to brush her teeth before bed. She came out with the tube of toothpaste and hands it to me and says "someone screwed it on too tight." I give it a twist and indeed someone had screwed it on too tight. So, I take it into the bathroom and start running it under water to see if that will help loosen up some of the over squeezed toothpaste come off. I ask her "will you get out my toothbrush and I'll just brush with you now?" I then turn to grab a towel and try to use the towel as padding to turn the cap because it is really hurting my fingers. Then I hear the buzzing sound of a toothbrush. I think "that's weird, Belle doesnt have a spin brush" and then I look in the mirror at her reflection and see her with a toothbrush in her mouth spinning it arcoss her tongue and teeth. "oohh that feels funny" she said. Then I get the cap unscrewed and REALLY look in the mirror and realize it is MY toothbrush in her mouth! (barf a little in my mouth!) "GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! THAT IS DISGUSTING!" "Oh Momma, that feels awesome!" "Belle! You do not put other people's toothbrushes in your mouth. That was scraping food and grossness off of your teeth and tongue and now do you think I want to brush my teeth with that?!" Needless to say, I held my toothbrush under HOT water for a good 5 minutes before I had myself convinced it was safe to put in my mouth. Y.U.C.K.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so funny. Brenner has tried my toothbrush out before and I totally understand the barfing a little. Funny Belle. I love that she thought it "felt awesome".

    ReplyDelete