Monday, July 25, 2011

Olive's Room

I think for the most part, I am done with Olive's room. I had a few projects I wanted to do, but decided they would be too much over my head, so they are on the back burner for a while. I knew I wanted to do black furniture with black white and olive green colors. I painted the window wall and the little short entry wall black. Tren found the perfect black crib and changing table set off craigslist. One day we were driving down Main Street in Emmett, by the old Farm Store or whatever it used to be called, and I saw this mirror and had to have it. Tren went back and traded and also gave a little cash to get it for Olive (me). Tren's Aunt painted the "Olive" board above it and it is olive green and matches everything perfectly.




A few weeks ago, I made the curtains. I love the curtains. They are probably my most favorite thing in the room. They aren't too girly, but just girly enough.




I have been searching craigslist for a glider or rocking chair and was having no luck. Everyone wanted way too much for them. We were out yard sale-ing this weekend and came across a glider for $10. After leaving the yard sale without it, getting to a different street, deciding I DO want it, going back and realizing we didn't have cash and deciding nevermind again, and then driving away and deciding I DO want it lets go get cash from that gas station, discovering that gas station doesn't give cash-back, and then going back to the yard sale to see if they'd take a check, we ended up taking the beauty home. Tren spray painted it black and I made some slick little pillow covers for the pads. Love it!


We also got a little storage box/table thing from Wally's, to set next to it. I will put extra blankets and burp rags in it until it's time for toys to go inside.




The super soft-backed blanket I made.



Her name above her crib.



And part of the diaper/wipe stash under her crib.




And her dresser in her closet, also painted black. And the wonderful little artwork from her big sister, Belle.




I made this "messenger" diaper bag. I was in Joann's for seriously 2 hours trying to decide what to use. Then I came across the camo and thought "duh!" Tren will feel so proud carrying this baby around! It was by far the toughest sewing project I have ever done, and surprisingly it turned out perfect and in the end, wasn't really that hard. I got the instructions/idea from Make It Love It. And I bought some fabric to make Belle a messenger bag for school.





The only things left I would like to do is switch out the ceiling light in the room. It is a big ugly fluorescent light and it needs to go. I also need something to go above the changing table. I was thinking a black shelf with pegs to hang her bath towel and wash cloth or something from? I don't know. Any suggestions?


4 more weeks and she should be making her grand appearance!! Oh my!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Emmy! You've been busy with GREAT results! I love the little mirror (at just her height) and the messenger bag. The link to Make It Love It for the bag doesn't work. Send me the link, please. I wanna make one of those.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/09/2-in-1-bag-stroller-bag-into-messenger.html

    Let me know if that doesn't work either. I wasn't 100% sure if I knew what I was doing when adding a link. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great...can't wait to meet the little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks AMAZING! Great job Emmy!!

    ReplyDelete