Wednesday, February 11, 2009

LaPush, WA

In the books, LaPush is where the Indian Reservation is. Our first stop was First Beach, where two characters frequent in the books. I wanted to get Annie and a friend some driftwood from First Beach. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, we could hear the waves crashing onto the shore. It was so amazing! There were tons and tons of huge trees and branches up on the shore that had come in with the tide. We had to climb over them and then we were on the nice sandy beach.

first_beach_emmy

I wanted to be sure to get driftwood that had freshly come up on shore. I didnt want to grab something from all the piled up stuff. Annie's piece is shown here, right where I found it on the beach. (its in the lower right corner)

annies_driftwood

The beach was so awesome! We spent a few minutes walking around and checking things out, but we wanted to get to the rocks that you can see off in the distance. So, we headed to Second Beach.

To get to Second Beach, you have to do some hiking. This gave me a great opportunity to take a few pics of the trees. They were covered in moss and the moss was SO green. It was very quite in the forest and kind of eery.

trees

We finally made it down to the water and again had to climb over trees and then we were on the sand. The waves were crashing so hard into the rock piles and it was so loud. I was a bit nervous venturing out onto the rocks because I didnt want to fall in.

2nd_beach_waves

People were out collecting sea weed and there was also Twilight fans there because we would come across "twilight" written in the sand. It was funny. We did our own sand drawing...

et_sunset

And here are a few pics I had to include of Second Beach...

2nd_beach_view1

second_beach

waves_2nd_beach

I am so glad we came to the beach. Not just because of the whole Twilight theme, but because it was so awesome. I haven't seen anything like it in my whole life and I can't wait to take Belle and Rooster back! Tren said he would definitely be going back, too. It was so much fun, and I hope next time we light a fire with the driftwood to see it burning blue and green.

te_first_beach21

4 comments:

  1. Oh my WORD. That beach is so awesome. I loved all the pictures and the forest was "SO GREEN" I love it. I'm so glad you got to go and cannot wait to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures! Tren was so nice to take you there, how exciting- I'm SO JEALOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....soooooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the pictures are so pretty! I need to read the last book and these will make it easier to picture in my mind.

    ReplyDelete