Friday, February 6, 2009

Our Family

Tren asked me to have Belle draw a picture of our family for his fridge in his new apartment. A couple of nights ago, we finally got to the drawing. I gave her a piece of cardstock and some markers and crayons. She chose the black one and started first with herself and Rooster. But she drew them so big there wasn't a lot of room left for me and Tren. She started with some legs for me and then sighed and said "I ruined this, Momma! I need a new piece of paper... look at all this crap I just did over here!" and pointed to my two long line legs. They started about an inch from the top of the page leaving no room for my head. She seemed very upset about it and started to scribble over them. I gave her a new piece and she tried again. Here is Rooster on the first draft... I love it!

rooster-by-belle

I told her to start smaller and she would be able to fit everyone in. So, she started with herself and then Rooster and she noticed there was plenty of room for me and Tren. After putting on her finishing touches, I gave her some heart stickers I had and told her to put a few of them on. First thing she did was pick the tiny-est heart and put it on Rooster's body like it was her little heart. I thought it was so sweet! But, then she removes the heart and puts it as a bow on Roosters head. She started to put hearts between me and Tren and coming off her body. These hearts were "love we were giving each other". She used a ton of the hearts and I finally had to tell her to stop so I could have some for the Valentine's I'd originially bought the stickers for. Then she signed her name and was quite pleased with her artwork.

dec-09-2008-009

She has changed the way she draws her people. They used to have huge ears the size of the eyes, but now no one has ears. I still love that they don't have bodies. Just a head with huge eyes, a huge nose, a little smirk of a mouth, arms, legs and some hair. Rooster doesn't even have ears. And her signature has changed too. She just does lines for her "L's" now. So cute!

5 comments:

  1. That is too cute!!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to see what little kids come up with! She did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness! I'm in love with the "love you are giving each other"! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what Belle draws. cute.

    ReplyDelete