Friday, June 18, 2010

John Deer Tractor vs Backhoe!

Tren's nephew is turning 2 tomorrow. I, of course, offered my help with making his cake. Cassie (the mother) said I could just make it for him since they wouldn't be in town until late the night before anyways. She had asked Gage (birthday boy) what kind of party he wanted... either a tractor or a backhoe party, and being nearly 2 he said "both". So, she did a tractor vs backhoe birthday invitation that was A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. and I started googling cake ideas. I found a few different ideas I liked and sent them to her to choose from. I liked this one (below) and I thought I could do a tractor and a backhoe each:

Then I liked this one and digging in the cake!


Or a tractor plowing a field! Plus, with the toys on the cake, he could keep them and use them! Perfect!!


Cassie had already bought a tractor toy to put on the cake, so she gave me that one and then I did some looking on the internet for a matching sized backhoe. This was difficult, so we ended up just buying a tractor with a mower attachment and a backhoe.
Tonight we made the cake!!! ((I need a boy to make cakes for! Seriously! So much different than pink and princesses! Ugh!)) I think it turned out absolutely delicious!!

What do you think?!












5 comments:

  1. that is so fun! Brenner would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to pass on this link for my nephew's July birthday!! This is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sister are just way to creative :) - I definitely need to work on my talents. Super cute cake!

    ReplyDelete