Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh Henry!!

I have been thinking about getting another Boston. I know... why the heck would I want to do that? I think Rooster would enjoy a play buddy and we have just always wanted another one. I didnt really want a dog when we got Rooster. I couldnt have a dog in my apartment and it just wasnt a good time. I knew nothing about potty training and kennel training. But then Tren saw the little lady and showed me a picture of her and we couldnt turn her down. It has been a wild ride with Rooster and she bugs the sanity out of me at times. But she is a part of our family and we love her. Rooster is probably Belle's best friend. Well. Two weeks ago Rooster's mom had babies. 8 of them! 5 boys and 3 girls. Lots of them had the same little spot on their heads like Rooster's. I have been dieing to see the puppies and choose which one I wanted. We went up to Elk Camp this weekend and all 8 of the babies were there. I picked out the one we are going to get. Cassie (the dog owner) told us that there was one dog that was a bit larger than the other ones and one that was starting to look like the runt. She said she sometimes will have to "take the fat one off and put the runt on". When we chose the one we wanted it happened to be the fat one. We didnt really notice how much bigger he was than the others, untill we compared it to the runt. Then she reminded us that Rooster was the fatty of her siblings and then she became the runt as an adult. So, we'll see if this one will be tiny, too. We are naming the little guy Henry. We will call him Hen for short. Then we will have a Rooster and a Hen. he! He's so cute and I can hardly wait for 4 or 5 more weeks till we can bring him home. Belle will NOT stop talking about him and all the things she has planned for him. I can only imagine. :)
We snuck a picture holding him so we could get a better view of his face. Love him!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Boy! I love it! Can't wait to see him. Will you have him at Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete