Monday, October 12, 2009

Today at 3:53pm I got a phone call from a 208-365 number that was not a saved contact in my phone. I didnt answer and figured Rooster was out terrorizing the neighborhood. I googled the phone number and at the same time my search result showed "Emmett Bus Garage" I got a voicemail. I thought maybe Belle had left her backpack on the bus or something. So, I listen to my message... "Hi Emmy, this is Shawna from the Emmett Bus Garage and Belle apparently forgot to get off the bus at her stop. Her supervisor is following the bus right now and she will be dropped back off at her stop as soon as possible. If you have any questions, you can call me at ... " So, I call my sitter. She answered the phone "I'm on my way to get her...." and we laugh and I apologize and thanked her. Then she called me back around 4pm saying she has Belle. She told me "Belle claims she fell asleep." School is out at 3:27. I would think the bus leaves ButteView around 3:35. They head to Carberry Elementary (which is RIGHT by my house) to pick up students there and then stop at our subdivision to drop off Belle and the other kids. If I remember right, when I signed her up for the bus, they told me she is dropped off around 3:47. How does she fall asleep in that short of time? I couldnt wait to hear Belle's version of this story.

Belle told me she got on the bus after school and fell asleep. Then her friend said "Belle, this is your stop!" and she woke up and saw the bus was driving away from her stop and yelled to the bus driver "Hey! That was my stop!" The bus driver told her to come up front (because she was in the very back of the bus) and asked what her name was and she told him "Bellami Bea Bare" and he asked her mom's phone number and Belle said "I dont know, but we live on Gem Stone Way and thats right back there... my mother's name is Emmy Bare." He told her she would have to wait and be dropped off in a bit and then he got on his walkie talkie and told someone she was still on the bus. Kim Webb from the bus garage personally dropped Belle off back at the sitter's house.

Belle wasnt scared and didnt cry or anything. We have been practicing my phone number all night. Im just glad she knows our street. She told me that her regular bus driver was on vacation today. I think if he was driving, she would have been woke up and got off at her stop. We also talked about her not sitting clear in the back and sitting next to the Brown boys. They looked for her after they got off and then the bus drove away and there was no Belle in sight. They ran home and told their mom that Belle didnt get off the bus and she immediately got on the phone to the bus garage.

What a ride!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Too much. How nice to know that under pressure Belle is a cool, calm, collected little lady.

    ReplyDelete