Friday, October 30, 2009

DryBuck and Hunting

Tren has been up in DryBuck hunting for elk since Sunday morning. He is with his brothers in-laws and his brother. They go hunting every year together. Tren has never killed an elk, yet. This year, Belle and I went up for one night and came home for work and school. Everynight I would talk to Tren and no one had killed anything. They only had seen one buck but it was a long shot so they didnt get that one. Then, Wednesday night I was on the phone with Tren on my way home from work and he was out "scope-ing" and seeing if he could spot anything. Nothing. Later that night, I got this:





F.I.N.A.L.L.Y!!! He got one! Here is the story: He was sitting there in his truck, and he had just gotten off the phone with me. He was about to head back to camp and glassed the side of the mountain one last time. When he pulled the scope down from his eyes he saw this big boy standing there. He was so excited he honked the horn while grabbing his gun and it startled the bull a bit, but it didn't run off. So, he took his shot and nailed it! He drove back to camp and told everyone he shot an elk and they all jumped on their 4 wheelers and hauled back to the elk. Everyone was so excited and worked together to get it back to camp.

Now there is an elk head in my back yard and a body at the butcher. Tren is so excited and I am so happy for him. It's been a long time coming. I know the picture is dark, but you can sort of see this is a nice opening where he killed it. He didnt have to haul it up some steep mountain side or anything.

Such a lucky guy. Congrats, Tren!!

No comments:

Post a Comment