Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

I wanted to put a picture of everything Belle has been for halloween so far, but wasnt able to find her 0 year (leopard). Her 1 year (black cat) is on a print and not in the computer, and without a scanner (and brain to remember to take it to my mom's to have scanned) that one won't make it either.

2 year: Witch - perhaps a Harley riding witch with a leather skirt like that!


3 year: Princess


4 year: TinkerBell (Yes, Clint. I stole this from your blog last year.)


This year for Halloween, Belle dressed as a witch. The plan was to make her a black and purple tutu and then add some sequins to a black leotard. Throw on a witches had and BAM! A nice little witch. Well, not so much. When we went to the fabric store for tulle, we came out with dark purple satin-ish material and black lace. Oh boy. I didnt have a pattern so I just sort of winged it. Not a good idea. I didnt think about the fact that if I sewed the material right on to the elastic waste band, it wouldnt be flexible. So. Belle would have to wriggle into her skirt. The leotard came out just as planned. Belle made the design and I put on the sequins. Belle loved her skirt regardless of the putting on and taking off fight it provided. She wanted a wig. At first she wanted a little red headed bob. Not too witchy, so I talked her out of it and into the long blonde one. I think she looked great. And it was such a relief to see her as something other than a princess or fairy.



2 comments:

  1. OMW! I love that wig! The costume looks great. You did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wig is great - I love it!

    ReplyDelete