Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Is it just me?

Or does anyone else listen to Delilah (107.9 Lite FM) and when she asks you things like "Do you have joy in your life?" or "Is there stress in your life?" does anyone else answer her? Belle and I were listening to her on the way home from Meridian the other day. Christmas songs are on Lite 108 now and Belle was wanting to listen (me too just a smidge). Delilah always asks these sorts of questions and callers call in and share a bit of their joy or stress or about someone they love or a hardship. I started answering her questions. Out loud. This took me back to a time several years ago....

Now, for some reason the entire time I was pregnant and a short time after, the only music I could tolerate was the "lite" kind they play on Lite 108. One night after Belle was born, I was in the tub, soaking, thinking, and listening to Delilah. Then I started answering her, out loud. A few seconds later I hear Shem bust up laughing on the other side of the shower curtain. He had heard me talking, to Delilah, and came to see what I was doing. We both got a good laugh out of it. And I was sure to start locking the bathroom door so my "me" time wasn't interrupted.
Kind of a random post, but I felt like sharing.

So. . . do you answer the questions on the radio or tv?

2 comments:

  1. I always answer. Sometimes I answer questions in my own head, that weren't ever asked, and I answer out loud all the time. Dusty loves it and always gets a good laugh. Thanks for sharing!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Delilah - living in Boston, but I ABSOLUTELY do answer questions and simply have conversations with the radio and tv. Joe thinks it's hilarious - bordering on annoying -- I just think it's ME! *and I guess YOU, too :)

    ReplyDelete