Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Big Rock

Last night I was driving home from work. I had just barely turned off Highway 44 on to Highway 16. I had reached about 65 mph and a huge farm/semi truck comes barreling down the road. Right as he passed me I hear a really loud "thunk!" and I reacted and ducked my head. I then looked up and my driver's side front window looked like this:






A rock flew up from the truck and smashed into my window. The point of impact on my window was about where my head was. If the rock had gone through, I probably would have been hit in the head/face and more than likely wrecked my car. With it being right after work and so many other people on the road, I probably would have caused an accident. I pulled over and shoved the glass out so it wouldn't keep blowing out and end up all over in my car and me.

What a joy. But I'm so happy the window was all that was damaged. I must admit, big trucks make me a little anxious now.

4 comments:

  1. Holy CROW! That must have been so scary! Glad it was just the windshield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Emmy! This is so scary! I'm so glad you are okay and were able to maintain control of the car -- what a horrible experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is scary. I hate Highway 16.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! I heard about this happening to someone on the freeway a few years ago, only the rock killed the guy. So scary and glad you weren't killed!!!

    ReplyDelete