Friday, December 4, 2009

The Truth

After talking with Belle and Becky last night, there was a mis-communication. Belle had asked Becky if she would "pick them up today" and Becky said yes. Now, in Becky's mind, she was thinking at the bus stop so they wouldn't have to walk all the way home. In Belle's mind she thought at school. This is why she was not wanting to get on the bus to go home because she thought Becky was getting them.

Hector (applesauce victim) was showing Belle alien toys that were scary looking to Belle and she didn't want to have bad dreams. So, in her defense, she through applesauce at him.

After we had talked about the things she had done at school, I told her she wasn't going to be punished because there was a misunderstanding and because she already was punished at school for the sauce. Then I looked at the little braid I put in her hair every day and it had been cut! Strangely enough, there is a girl in her class name Grace and she let Grace cut her braid. Now Belle has a small, little section of her hair that is about 2 inches shorter than the rest. She will be raking and bagging the leaves all by herself tomorrow or Sunday. I don't like punishing by working, but she doesn't like working and we were going to bag the leaves together this weekend, but since she was naughty, she'll do it alone. I told her if she ever lets anyone cut her hair again when I'm not there, I will be shaving her head. She didnt like this and sobbed for a long time. In Belle's dramatic little ways, said everyone will call her names like "baldy" and then she would come home crying everyday from school. I said "that will probably happen, so I wouldn't let anyone cut your hair." A bit harsh, yes, but I think she needs some fear put in her.

What a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment