Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter!!

This year Belle wasn't at the top of her game for the Easter holiday. I picked her up Friday from her dad's with a fever. On the way home we were talking about Easter and egg hunts and the Easter Bunny. She told me she didn't want to hunt for the eggs. She wanted to do the hiding and make the Easter Bunny find them. ("Great" -Easter Bunny) I told her that the only thing the bunny hides is her basket but she didn't even want to look for that. She insisted on doing the hiding. So we decided she would hide plastic eggs and then the bunny would find the eggs and fill them with candy and put them in her basket on the kitchen table. Saturday comes and she is starting to feel much better. All day she wants to hide the eggs for the bunny but I told her we would do it right before bed. She tells me she is going to hide one under her blanket so when the bunny comes to find it she feels his arm and wakes up and sees him. I told her they had to be in the living room. She agreed and suggested she sleep in the living room. (nice try) Finally it's time to hide!! She hid the 12 eggs and was happy with how things looked

easter-0022 and we went to bed. The Easter Bunny came and successfully located all 12 eggs and stuffed them with candy and placed them in her basket that was patiently waiting on the kitchen table. When she woke up Sunday morning she ran out and was so happy to see her basket filled with the eggs!! She told me "He brought me Tweets,.. just exactly what I've always wanted!" (peeps)

easter-003 I think she likes the looks of Peeps... pink, girly, and sparkley. That was the first and last bite she took of the peeps. Being sick is never a fun thing on a holiday, but Belle was a good sport about it. And we have a new Sundquist/Bare family tradition for Easter. The kids will hide the eggs and the bunny will find and stuff them. I think it's great!

easter-004

3 comments:

  1. Emmy - this is great! What a fun tradition and "tweets" -- oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new posts. Belle is funny! I wonder what she liked more her tweets or her ball from China :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be a little worried if I were the Easter Bunny! McKinlee didn't really like her Peeps either.

    ReplyDelete