Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Glowing Orange

In the car, Belle has a spiral notebook and pen she uses to write in while we are driving around. She always tells me not to look at what she is doing, until she says it's okay to. She has drawn some hysterical stuff in that notebook! On the way home from Baba's a few days ago, Belle tells me not to look back at her. I don't. She remains very quiet the rest of the ride and just asks me to turn up the music. As we pull into the driveway, I glance back at her and see something glowing orange out of the corner of my eye. I pull in and park and look back at Belle to see what the bright orange stuff was...

easter-007

She had a regular, relaxed look on her face as if she had forgotten she had the stickers all over it. I was laughing so hard! They were all over, as you can see. Even the My Little Pony ones on her neck. I took a few pics and we went inside. I told her I was going to make dinner and she was to clean her room. I'm in making dinner and I hear her crying. I thought it was because cleaning her room is "hard" and usually it makes her cry. I go and find her in the bathroom trying to peel the stickers off. She had successfully taken the ones off her neck and a few from her forehead and this left her skin a firey red. ( Belle has excema which means very dry and senstive skin. We went to the Dr about her skin a while ago and he told me she shouldnt use smelly lotions or body wash. How can such a fancy girl not?) The stickers were so stuck. I felt very bad for her because she would get one of those tiny smileys off and her skin would be a perfect little round red spot that was kind of bumpy. She wanted to put water on them and wash them off, but I told her they would be even stickier. It was so sad and painful to watch. Finally she got them all off and it seemed like her entire face had puffed up and was bright red. She told me she didn't like those stickers and that she wasn't putting any on her face again. I don't blame her.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dear! Poor Belle -- that's a hard lesson to learn the HARD way! I have eczema also, and totally avoid smelly lotions and body washes -- I feel her pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny....except when they had to come off. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete