Thursday, August 12, 2010

1st Grade ... already ?

Well, the first day of 1st grade has come and gone. Belle is now going to a year round school in Meridian with all her her step-siblings. The school is roughly 2 miles from my work and about 4 miles from her dad's house. This will allow me to actually attend school functions and will also make things easier having all the kids at the same school. I can drop Belle off at her dads in the morning and then she gets on the bus with everyone and dropped off back after school at his house.

I asked Belle how the first day went when I picked her up after work and she said "It was boring". Perfect. It was the first day, so I'm sure they didn't go hard on the kids and put them to work... just showed them around and things. She told me they went to music class and that she learned you cannot yell in the music room because it has an echo. She got rained on at recess and left her sweatshirt in the classroom so she just stood and shivered. (a bit dramatic, I know). For lunch, I packed her a cold lunch. It was a jelly sandwich, small bag of cheetohs, choc pudding, 3 oreos, a fruit roll, and a juice. She ate the cheetohs and drank the juice. She "didn't have enough time before recess". I told her she has to eat her lunch otherwise she will not have the strength to learn and do the things she needs to. We'll see what's in her lunch box today. She made friends with Lily and Sophia. There are no cute boys in her class. whew!

I think she will enjoy this school and I think she will learn a lot. It is 1st grade. I can't believe it.

Here she is in her outfit. We were literally heading out the door.

Skinny jeans, new boots, sweatshirt (zipped as far as it will go), tank top and a slicked back pony tail.


3 comments:

  1. And boy, oh boy, doesn't she look THRILLED! What a funny girl, I hope today wasn't as boring, she's going to be there 5 days a week this year, and if it's already boring, I fear for her. Glad she made some friends. What a funny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bailey wears the smaller size boots u gave like that EVERYWHERE she loves them...where do u get them so when its time i can get a bigger size! <3 jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure her second day had to be a little more exciting. We have a ton of box tops that we have been saving for her. I'll try to bring them to Emmett the next time we're out there.

    ReplyDelete