Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dih.Zass.Ter!!!

Jesika is having a birthday tomorrow and I wanted to throw her a nice little suprise party. Talking with her husband, we decided it would be easiest to do it at my house on Friday. We have it all figured out and I get home from work and run to a few places to get items needed for decorating and dessert.

Now. I tried a new thing for the dessert and here is how it went. I was trying to find a new great awesome thing for a dessert. I came across these sweet cups/bowls that you make out of chocolate. This can't be that hard, because the person doing the demonstration was a kid. Or so I thought. I bought some water balloons because it was suggested in the blog. I nearly blew a vein in my forehead from trying to blow up the water balloons. Forget that. So, I use regular sized balloons and just didn't blow them up huge. Perfect. Then I make my chocolate like I would make if I was doing peanut butter cups. Then I dip my balloons in the chocolate and it goes great! I'm excited. I get one tray done (containing only 6 of these monsters).

Then I started noticing how these babies are NOT looking like bowls/cups and how they are looking alot like plates. Oh well. I make more chocolate and get started on my second tray. I'm starting to feel pressed on time and Belle is itchin' to help which means my train of thought is broken and I'm getting heckled. I prematurely dipped the balloons. Soon they are popping sending chocolate all over my house and me.

I'm supposed to be hosting a party and there is chocolate flying everywhere!
(Belle and I just noticed this little spot tonight...)
I let the chocolate cool and start cleaning up the floor and then finish the lovely little project. I put them in the freezer and moved on to decorating. I saw on someone else's blog (I know. I'm a theif.) this idea...


Do you love it!? I do. I could decorate like this every day. It was fun.
Jesika arrives and is surprised and it is great! Then comes the big reveal of these "bowls" and I go to the freezer to pop my balloons and use them for sundae bowls. I pop them and the balloons do not come out. What.The.Sam.Hill.Is.The.Deal?! I was angry. I sprayed them just like suggested before dipping. Ugh. Luckily, I bought some little fancy bowls at the Dollar Store so we used them and it was still fun.
Only one successfully came out and was usable.



So tonight we had sundaes again and Belle used it for hers.



And she enjoyed eating (part of) it too.

If anyone wishes to attempt this delicious little creature, let me know how it goes for you. Best of Luck.

5 comments:

  1. How sad that they didn't turn out. Now I'm afraid to try it. I do love the hanging balloons on the ceiling. That was very clever, and there's nothing wrong with taking great ideas from other people's blogs, that's what they are blogging for, to give you great ideas. Belle is so cute. Give her a big squeeze for me. I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad the chocolate bowls didn't turn out. It is a really fun/yummy idea though. I am a little afraid to try it hearing how your experience went. The hanging balloons are way cute! Belle looks like she enjoyed the chocolate bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH POOP I DIDNT EAT MY BOWL! SORRY PALYWALLY....I WAS SOOO FULL AND THEN GOT RUSHED OFF AT 11:30 AT NIGHT LOL! I LOVES U FOR ALL THAT U DID THOUGH...YOU ARE THE BEST ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bummer about the bowls, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of work for pretty much nothing! Cute idea. I love stealing ideas off of people's blogs...:)

    ReplyDelete