Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spelling Test

Something that happens regularly at our house is a little "playing school". Belle is usually Miss Bare (the teacher) and Tren and I and whoever else might be over visiting, become the students.

Tonight after Belle got into her pajamas, she came out of her room and handed Tren a little notepad and pencil and said "I have a test for you." He didn't really want to play, but like a good Dad, he stopped the TV and took her test.

"# 1 . chores"
Tren proudly writes the word.
"#2. betrayed"
Tren writes it with some hesitation because he is so deaf he can barely hear these words he is supposed to be spelling and is also questioning himself. (I'm laughing quietly inside).
"#3. brachiosaurus"
--What the heck!? bahahahahahaha! And I laugh out loud.--
"#4. peter piper" and some giggling from Miss Bare
"#5. elimination"
Tren chimes in "where did you come up with this list?"
"from my dictionary.... #6! chocolate"
"#7. cookies"
Tren -"cooking?"
Belle -"cookies"
Tren -"cookie?"
Belle -"cookieS!!"
--At this point I am laughing quite hard.--
"#8. I saw black crows"
Tren - "I'm not writing all that"
"black crows"
"#9. sea shore" -and some giggling
"#10. sea shells"
"#11. micro raptor"
--HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA--
"#12. disintegrate"
Tren -"use it in a sentence"
Belle -"I saw the water disintegrate".
--BHAAHAHAHAHAHA--

Seriously. She is crazy. I wouldn't want her for a teacher!

The best part was seeing this list she was reading off of. The one she had wrote. My scanner would not do this justice and the pencil is too light on the blue paper she wrote it on.

1. chors
2. betred
3. brackyasoris
4. peter piper
5. elemanashoin
6. chocklet
7. ckookis
8. black crow
9. seashor
10. seashells
11. mickrorapter
12. diceagate

Ever since she started school, playing school has been one of the things she does the most. Just a few weeks ago, Tren, Lewis and I were in her room playing school. The boys both got detention. I got my work put on the "Quality Work" board.

Such a girl.

2 comments:

  1. This made my day. I want to play school with her, however I'm afraid I might fail. LOL She is quite the Girl.

    ReplyDelete