Tuesday, January 5, 2010

B.I.N.G.O.!

Last Wed, Tren and I went to play Bingo at the senior center in Emmett. I drive by the place all the time and always see the advertisement " $499.50 jackpot , Wed/Thurs/Fri 6:30pm " and have been itching to try it out. I usually have Belle the only nights they play, so since she was at her dad's for Christmas still, we decided there wasn't a better time to go. We got there and all the doors on the front of the buidling were locked. We stood and looked in the window at all the seniors and they all just looked back. Finally, someone pointed to a door in the back, so we went around and went in. I have to admit, I was incredibly flustered. We got there at 6:25 and we knew we were holding everyone up. I was nervous and excited at the same time. One man explained how there are 10 games in each little booklet you buy and then there is the "butterfly" round where you can win more money than the regular 10 games. I bought 2 packs of the regular game (I think they were $2 or $2.50 each pack) and then 1 of the Butterfly ($1.00). Tren got 4 of the regular games and then 2 of the Butterfly. Then the man sent us over to buy our stamps/marker to mark our bingo squares. These say "Dabbin Fever" on them! I about died! Tren was the Teal and I used the Fuscia.


We went and found seats at one of the only available tables where two other ladies were sitting. We sat down and got settled in. The head-men did some figuring to see what the Butterfly winnings would be and then how much each game after that would be. The Butterfly was the first game played and I think the winning was $138. We did not win the Butterfly. (sniffle sniffle) On to our booklet of 10 Bingo games!! Each of these games had a winning pot of $27.75. Each game had different "bingo's". Since Tren was playing 4 cards at once, he was not able to talk back to me when I would talk to him. He had to stay focused. There really wasnt much talking at all, actually. Just a few "yesssss!" and "ughhhh" could be heard. When someone would call out "BINGO!" everyone else would sigh. It was so funny. We were on the "B N O" and that meant you had to get all your B's N's and O's to have the Bingo. Guess who won this one!? Tren did... and another player, so he had to split the pot with them. Then on to the Jackpot round where you can win $499.50! This was the black out round. They only call out 59 numbers in this round. When they get to the 57th number, they announce "57" and then if you still had 5 squares to get, you knew you weren't close to the jackpot. Well. They call out "57" and I have only 2 squares to fill! O.M.Gosh!! Im freaking out. They call the 58th number and it is one of mine. Holy crap!!! I'm REALLY freaking out now, and I keep elbowing Tren and he starts getting excited, too. They call the 59th number and it isn't one of mine. DANG! Then the bingo caller says "are there any good Bingo's?" and no one says anything. So they announce that they will continue on and the first blackout will be the regular winning amount of $27.75. I was so bummed, but also 1 bingo ball away from a black out. They call the 60th number and it wasn't mine. Then they call the 61st number and I got a blackout! I called out "BINGO!" and held up my hand and card and everyone sighed. HA! I won $27.75 and was 2 bingo balls away from $499.50. I'm officially hooked. This was so fun and easy and cheap. I can't wait to go again. Anyone else want to join me?!!




4 comments:

  1. Oh, man! The suspense of this post was killing me! And your final line put the last nail in my coffin. You are hysterical!

    Have fun at Bingo, old lady ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte and I go to the OPC (old people center) in Meridian and play all the time.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang. I wish I lived closer! I want to get in on some BINGO action!!

    ReplyDelete