Thursday, January 28, 2010

Future Nail Tech?

Last night I let Belle paint my toes... She has been wanting to paint her own for a while now, so I let her give mine a whirl.

First we started with a nice foot scrub in some delicious hot water. She got the bath going for me and everything, just like I do for her.

Then it was on to the painting. I put a towel down on the floor so we wouldn't get any polish on the floor and boy am I happy I did that!! I chose the red color.


She wasn't sure how to touch my toes or how to get them in the right position for her to paint them. It was so funny. She would paint my skin and say "Oh shoot, Momma! I messed up... I went outside the lines". I told her it was fine and that it would come off in the shower.


When she was done with the polish, it looked like my toes were all bleeding!


Then she ran into the bathroom and got some Q-tips to clean up the spots that were "out of the lines". Some of my toes were stuck together with polish. She would talk as she worked "... now I need to get this wet again... and then wipe that off from there... oh that's a messy toe... " I loved it and had a hard time fighting back the laughter.

Her little fingers, daint-ily touching my toes, was hysterical!


Then she wanted to do some fancy designs on my toes with the "art polish". These brushes are long and skinny and make great lines and things. I let her choose the colors and design. First she put a white line across every toe. Then a sparkley blue line (as seen below).


Finished toes. I'm ready for the 4th of July!


She was so proud of her work and I was too. It was a nice break from doing my own polish and doing hers.

5 comments:

  1. The red white and blue goes great with your stars on your feet too. What a funny girl. Next time I see her she's doing mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She's actually VERY good for a five year old! I'm with Annie - next time I see Belle, she's painting my toes (and I tip!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That's great!! Just think of the treatments she'll give in a few more years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Emmy! What a good mom you are. My kids will never be able to do that......I way to ticklish to have my feet touched!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed and smiled the whole time I read this.You are such a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete