Monday, January 18, 2010

Jean Quilt

For Christmas this year I made Belle a jean quilt. I had big pictures in my head of what I wanted this baby to look like, and I must say, it is right on the money!

Annie and I had chatted about it and then I would chat with Mom about it and some to Holli about it, and then just made it happen. I wanted to do jean squares, but add the pizzazz that would compliment Belle's sassy style. I also wanted it to be something that can be used for many years, not just these next few while she's "little".

I bought yellow beads and ribbon and rick-rack and some yellow/gold colored tulle that had sparkles on it.


Then to patch holes we put silk behind the hole or yellow felt.

I bought a bumble bee iron on thing and buttons.



Pretty much anything yellow we could find and get on that quilt, we used. For the back, I used bright yellow fleece.
Belle was with me in the fabric store to pick out the extra "bling". She told me which bee she liked. She helped me pick out the beads and the ribbon. Then when I was at my mom's laying the squares out and figuring out where all the fancy-ness would go on what square, Belle was there, giving me her opinion. She kept asking who the quilt was for and I would just tell her it was a secret. Mom even said "I sure do like yellow things!" which made Belle think I was making it for her. It was funny. When she opened it Christmas Eve she said "Mommmmaaaaaa..... you tricked me!" It was great. She is taking very good care of the quilt and loves it. These pictures just don't it justice as I cannot put every precious little square on here. It was a fun quilt to make and I think she will enjoy it for a long time.
Thank you, Mom for helping me tie that monster!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Emmy! It turned out so cute. And PS that little girl there in the last picture really takes the cake. Is she cute or what?! Man I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Emmy! It came out amazing! And very true to the ideas my brain had conjured up as we talked. Belle looks pleased - and having a gift come with a 'trick' is always so special. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad to finally see it! The bee is by far my fav!!! Good work!

    ReplyDelete